Preferred Performance and Health Requirements
1. Both parents must be Certified free of hip dysplasia by a recognized organization such as Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) or a University with a recognized hip certification program such as University of Pennsylvania (PENNHIP), Saskatchewan or Guelph.
2. Neither parent may have a temperament fault. Man shy, gun shy, aggressive, fearful or otherwise mentally unstable dogs of unsound nerves shall not be used for breeding.
3. Neither parent may have a known genetic disorder and both parents must be Certified free of autoimmune hypothyroidism from a recognized lab (OFA certification recommended). Testing for von Willebrand (vWD) disease is also recommended.
4. Both parents must be evaluated in conformation and structure to be at least GOOD by their FCI recognized breed club, by the VHDF Conformation and Structure Evaluation, or by obtaining an AKC Conformation Champion title.
5. Both parents must be evaluated at a higher level versatile dog test which includes work before and after the shot, on land and in water. Approved evaluations and minimum performances include: NAVHDA UT prize II level work in all subjects, VHDF AHAE GOOD level work in all subjects, or JGHV HZP GOOD level work in all subjects.